Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who Am I?

From the political capital of the Indian sub-continent, I came to economic capital of the country for the sake of better job prospects, higher living of standard and all that a man desires out of his life.

It was fine sunny morning when I got down from Mumbai Rajdhani at Mumbai Central. My friend came to pick me up. As we were walking down the platform, I heard somebody sayin "Lo aa gaya phir koi hamare shehar mein apna ghar banane" (See, somebody else has come to make our city his home). I was bit astonished at his remark as I knew something like this would happen but it would happen so early, I never expected. I felt like that I've gone to London and this remark was made by some brit. This city gave me cold welcome but I was clear that I have to make my living in this city.

After 2 months, When I went to Delhi, my hometown, where I was born and brought up, the city which has seen my family's 6 - 7 generations, I heard people calling me, "Bhai tu toh mumbai wala ho gaya" (Brother, you are a mumbaikar now). It came as a shock to me because I never thought of it.

I am not clear now where do i belong to. Few people decided my native place in flash of a second. I am still not aware why are we creating boundaries among ourselves? Britishers and some our best, thoughtful leaders did it in past and we are still paying for it, then why are we not learning from it? Why a person is known by his native land and not his work, contribution to the society?

I think I'll spend my whole life but won't get answer to this. Would request somebody to reply if he/she knows the answer.

2 comments:

Priyanka Gupta said...

well done...I wish charu ma'am see this and bless you that her efforts are reaping fruits now....
hee hee

jokes apart, i must say..its beautifully written and I definitely would like to read more from your side....

Best Wishes...
Priyanka :)

Unknown said...

People close to u, doesn't create boundary 4u anywhere...

We all love you n miss you here n tats y just to remind u tat someone (Ur Family & Frienz) are waiting here for you we throw those liners not to confuse you OR to make any complications 4u.

Ur Birth place is surely different from ur professional region and u cant deny this fact so instead of taking on a -ive note just cheer up n enjoy both side of your life... You can't ignore this fact tat ur born n brought up in Delhi n ur earning in Mumbai so wats a big deal if someone's remind you of ur birth place.

N wen I say we all miss you here we mean it from our heart Brother.